Remoted Temples In A Day
Day Trip: Siem Reap – Beng Mealea & Koh Ker Temples – Siem Reap. L
In the morning, visit Beng Mealea temple, built By Jayarvaman VII; in the style of Angkor Wat; its scale is huge; being well over one square Kilometre within its moat. Approached by a four causeways; Beng Mealea appears to be a huge pile of rubble partially hidden in the trees. Once you get closer the high walls, the ancient Khmer Architecture reveals itself. Cloaked in vegetation and with few concessions to tourism; this temple looks like it would have done when the early French explorers found it.
Drive to visit Koh Ker temple. After the Khmer empire had been established in the Angkor area (Roluos), Jayavarman IV moved the capital in 928 almost 100km northeast to Koh Ker. Here a vast number of temples were built under his reign, until his successor returned to the Angkor area about twenty years later. The Koh Ker site is dominated by Prasat Thom, a 30 meter tall temple mountain raising high above the plain and the surrounding forest. Great views await the visitor at the end of an adventurous climb. Garuda, carved into the stone blocks, still guard the very top, although they are partially covered now. In the afternoon, return to Siem Reap and transfer to your hotel for overnight.
- Ground transportation by private, air-cond vehicle
- Regional ENGLISH speaking guide
- Sightseeing with admission fees
- 01 LUNCH at local restaurant as indicated in program
- Mineral water and cold tissues on tours
- Local made departure gift
- Int’l flight re-confirmation
- Visa on arrival to Cambodia (US$ 30 per person)
- International airfares arrival to and departure from Cambodia
- Hotel accommodation by twin share basis with daily breakfast
- All other meals & beverages that NOT indicated in the itinerary
- Personal expenses and Tips to guides & drivers